Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Road Rash



We've experienced another Ernie vs. Road fight. Yet again, Ernie wins the round. I am getting very sick of this. I know this is only twice in the last 7 years, but my heart can't take too much more. It's a good thing I want to be a trauma nurse.
But for the story....
Ernie was given a FREE ($150 spent though) road bike, from our wonderful friends. I am not saying this sarcastically. I was excited he was getting a working bike again. He's only had it a little over a week and has managed to "hit the road" and bend the frame. He was getting off the sidewalk and back onto the street when he hit a HUGE hole. Front tire sank right in it and tossed him right over the handle bars. (He thought it was full of dirt, but it was just really still dirty water.) It was a very good thing that he was wearing a helmet or else he might have cracked his skull. The wonderful part is, he called me and told me he has crashed, but he's okay. He just can't feel his face. Like that's real reassuring. I remind him later after my semi-panic attack, that when he got hit by a car and bone was sticking out of his leg, he also called me from that accident and told me he was okay! Need I say anymore for my freaking out.....

2 comments:

Mrs.Thornton said...

dang! make him keep wearing that helmet!!!!

Melissa said...

ouch! Nick is sitting here with me and saw the photo of Ernie. He said, "that is crazy!" I'm glad he didn't get more seriously hurt. That's scary.