And so, I have encountered another wonderful story to tell. Tonight, my husband, Amanda, and I went to the Taco Bell/Pizza Hut on Hamilton. It has a really nice and clean playplace there. So when we arrive we see there are a bunch (7 or 8) of crazy boys (about 8-12 years of age) climbing everywhere on the playplace. I do mean everywhere. Up on top of the slide, on top of the mesh, just going crazy. So we enter the play area and they all get down and start to play a little more civilized. Which is fine with me. And I really didn't care that they were climbing everywhere, as long as my children aren't there to copy it. So after about 10 minutes, the boys start going crazy again. Which does not suit my fancy or Amanda's. So she goes to tell the manager. The lady comes in and yells at them that they can't be up there. So the boys get down. They start ragging on us. Calling us snitches and all sorts of school boy names. Amanda, being Amanda can not keep her mouth shut. So she's running her mouth back at her. So one little boy turns around and calls us racist. Oh yeah, did I mention that they were African American. (Let me be pc here) So I get a bit fed up with this remark. So I tell the little boy, "I don't care what color your skin is, it's about respect and you certainly don't have any. You need to respect the property and us. You need to set a good example for the younger kids. I don't need my toddlers trying to do that." He tells me, "yo, don't get in my face. Besides, your kids can't climb up there." In reply, "They might not be able to get up to the top, but they sure will try." He than proceeds to call me racist again and tells me to get out of my face. So I ask him, "What are you going to do? Just keep running your mouth." So they all leave after the manager comes and yells at them to get out. He comes back in and jokes with us and tells us he was about to take his belt off. Should I mention that both of these employees were African American too? (PC, again) That they were fed up with them too. A few minutes later, one of the boys than walks in again and walks out the side door, opening it for two of his buddies, who through snowballs in the door. Which than brings the manager back out to yell at them. Now this manager is a great guy. We frequent the place at least once every other week with the boys. We having a joking/teasing relationship with all of them. I was "refused" service that night by him, in a joking way. He also asked about my boys and how they were doing. It was very refreshing to have him want to keep our business.
Now I must tell you, I am not shocked at the things that were said to us. It's not shocking because these boys were brought up this way. I could care less what they look like or who they are, they are being disrespectful. And to call us racist, isn't that just the very thing they are doing?
When they left all three of our kids where trying to climb up the side and were going up the slide instead of down. I don't want my kids to be disrespectful in anyway to anyone. If it would of been a group of white boys, I would have done the same thing and ask the manager to do something about it. I don't need a joy ride to Children's.
So now I guess I am a racist, so you better watch out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment