...gun. Before you can't buy one. Because, it will come. But if I buy a gun, I won't be able to use it in my own home. My dilemma will become, "is this stranger in my house, really going to harm me or is he really just going to take my valuables and leave?" Because the support Obama has given towards gun control and the restrictions and measures he wants to take up. If you defend your own life or your families life in your own home when you are threatened, YOU can end up in jail. Why? Because it will be illegal to defend your own right to life and freedom. So the crack head who enters your home to rob you of your money to go get high with his illegal gun and drugs is okay. It's not okay to protect your family.
Issue: Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban
KEYES: [to Obama]: I am a strong believer in the second amendment. The gun control mentality is ruthlessly absurd. It suggests that we should pass a law that prevents law abiding citizens from carrying weapons. You end up with a situation where the crook have all the guns and the law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves. I guess that's good enough for Senator Obama who voted against the bill that would have allowed homeowners to defend themselves if their homes were broken into.
OBAMA: Let's be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.
Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes Oct 21, 2004
2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month
Obama sought moderate gun control measures, such as a 2000 bill he cosponsored to limit handgun purchases to one per month (it did not pass). He voted against letting people violate local weapons bans in cases of self-defense, but also voted in2004 to let retired police officers carry concealed handguns.
Source: The Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson, p.148 Oct 30, 2007
Yes I know he has already been voted in. Yes I will stand up and say that this is a historic moment in American history. But either way, I wouldn't have voted for him.
Can you feel the change? Yep, I can. Whatever it is.
The other thing that chaps my shorts is his position against vouchers. He wants to reform No Child Left Behind, which also hands out vouchers. He wants to fund more money into NCLB, which is great. YAY! WOO HOO! But, with not supporting vouchers and taking away vouchers, you take away my children's right to a better education. Which is what he wants, right? I found this article on The New York Sun's website, http://www.nysun.com/editorials/obama-and-vouchers/71798/ . It's all about saving his blunder on his position. I like the way it ends....
"I believe parents should be empowered with school choice to send their children to the school that can best educate them just as many members of Congress do with their own children," Mr. McCain says on his campaign Web site.
"I find it beyond hypocritical," Mr. McCain continues, "that many of those who would refuse to allow public school parents to choose their child's school would never agree to force their own children into a school that did not work or was unsafe." Mr. McCain's campaign has not yet issued a statement explaining that the candidate didn't really mean what he said or claiming that his words were taken out of context. It's the difference between a candidate who is a straight-talker and one who, on this issue at least, for all the hype about change, is just a talker.
So my children are suppose to have this great education, because Obama is going to reform education. He's going to provide incentives to keep teachers teaching. (Although, doesn't it make you wonder that maybe the teachers who quit after a few years find out they aren't cut out to be teachers? That they can't handle the stress and all the kids? So yes, let's offer them more money (because most people will stay in a job they hate if they get raises often) so they'll stay on and teacher and make our educational system better! Ummm...NO! Without vouchers, Isaiah will have to go to a public school (and around here, they aren't great, at all) for the first year, because I will be in school furthering my education. And with the No Child Left Behind program and their voucher, I can put Isaiah in the Private School we want to send him to after I start working, but we won't be able to, if Obama gets his way.
I debate if I want to finish my education and spread the wealth of the money I will work hard for and the education I am paying for. Maybe I should just stop going to school and wait for everyone else to spread their wealth. Maybe that will help me instead. I also wonder if Pell Grants fall under vouchers. Because, they are pretty much the same as vouchers, so I can go to school for less money. Will they be taken away too? Or maybe if he passes through the bill he wants to provide $4,000 for college in exchange for 100 community service.
$4,000 college tuition for 100 hours' public service a year
Create the American Opportunity Tax Credit: Obama will make college affordable for all Americans by creating a new American Opportunity Tax Credit. This universal and fully refundable credit will ensure that the first $4,000 of a college education is completely free for most Americans. Obama will also ensure that the tax credit is available to families at the time of enrollment by using prior year's tax data to deliver the credit when tuition is due.
Simplify the Application Process for Financial Aid: Obama will streamline the financial aid process by eliminating the current federal financial aid application and enabling families to apply simply by checking a box on their tax form, authorizing their tax information to be used, and eliminating the need for a separate application.
Require 100 Hours of Service in College: Obama will establish a new American Opportunity Tax Credit that worth $4,000 a year in exchange for 100 hours of public service a year.
Source: Campaign booklet, "Blueprint for Change", p. 20&46 Feb 2, 2008
For one thing, I don't know how much easier the FSAFA could possibly get, but whatever. So each year I could possibly get $4,000 for college for "free". I would have to work 100 community service hours a college year. So that's really $2,000 a semester. Wait, I already get that in my Pell Grant. But now, I'll have to work for it. So on top of 14 credit hours (give or take) of classes, but homework, plus family life, I'll have to serve in the community?!?!?! Yes I'm sure that will work for all of those who need the money, because most of them are already getting grants to go to school for free with those nasty 'vouchers'. And they are working at least part time if not full time. So the school year includes 32 weeks. 100 hours divided by 32 is 3.125. So let's see, you sleep for 6 hours a day, work for 8 hours a day, and go to school for at least 3 if not 4 hours a day. So we are up to 18 hours. With no time included for eating, family, or homework. So yes, I can see it all working out so clearly for everyone for a free education.
Thanks for the Change Obama. Everyone suffers because of your great change.
Bring home the troops too. Because if the unemployment rate wasn't high, it will be when we bring them home to no jobs. All the production that has been happening to support the war will come to a halt and more people will be laid off. If the economy is bad now. Just wait.....'
Yes, I know I'll elicit lots of comments, but this is how I passionately feel and no I can not change anything now. So I will sit back and be a good American, point out all of the great he does and turn my head to all the bad he does. Just like I have done with Bush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment