Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Could it get any worse???

Okay, so life occasionally sucks. It has it's ups, it has it's downs. Well mine seems to have been mostly down. There is a great positive side for a few things, but not many.
Negatives....
...This Saturday I leave my children for the first time ever. Overnight without my babies. (Yes, I've cried once already)
...I have NOT been sleeping. As if I don't sleep, I really haven't been sleeping.
...I am buried under so much homework it's stressing me.
...my kids have turned rotten on me. Elijah is official 2 1/2 and the half ages are always the worst. (Yes, that's right. There has been plenty of psych studies to support that too.)
...Elijah got stung by a bee. (He's not allergic, thank goodness. What a way to find out.)
...I write papers and print them and leave them at home.
...I forget we have quizzes and tests.
...I lost my wallet.
...I got DRENCHED coming home from school the one night. It didn't even rain around my house though.
...I found out I'm one credit hour short of being able to apply for the nursing program here. Adviser didn't know what she was talking about, so it screwed me. So I have to figure out what I'm doing.
...I have to write 3 papers by Friday evening.
...I have had swollen glands in my neck for almost 3 weeks and now on my second round of antibiotics. The first doctor was great, second doctor was an idiot. I'm officially over the doc's at my GHA office. (Another reason to stick with reading fam practice)
...My headaches have come back full force.
...I can't loose the weight I need to get back into my jeans. (Although recently I have lost 7 lbs, you just can't see where it went from. My face?) And I'm cheap and have refused for over 2 years now to buy new clothes.
...I'm finally giving in to buying new jeans. :(
...the internet hasn't been working at school real well, so I haven't been able to do my research paper.
...my van needs a new cv joint. Which is just another thing I have to fix and pay for.

That's all my whining for now. But I do have a lot of positives. Jesus loves me. Ernie loves me. He supports me. My boys may be rot and back talking me, but they are healthy and wonderful joys. I have great friends all around me. I'm alive.

7 comments:

Sabin said...

Geez, I'm stressed just reading all that! Just look at how tough you are!

Future RN said...

Tough? Or insane? Or maybe just anxiety ridden. You have a newborn baby to snuggle. We will be back by to visit again when it's less crazy. Or I'm just trying to avoid work.

caress said...

I love you too! If you can make it through this week, you can do anything... for real.

Do they offer winter courses or anything.. or could you pick up a winter course somewhere and transfer it in?

Emily said...

You can do it, Cat! What a crappy time. But it will get better. This is your first semester back at school and you have to find your groove. Then you'll be better able to handle things. It's a lot of new stuff to deal with at once.

And advisors almost always suck, so really try to find out the info on your own. I used to walk in and demand my advisor sign whatever I put in front of him because he had no idea what was going on.

Mrs.Thornton said...

If you want a little orange kitty to snuggle, you can borrow him...he's very cute.

We'll be praying for you while you're gone, and Matthew and I will take good care of the boys when we have them. We'll make sure they have fun, and will help them not to miss you too much.

Melissa said...

Oh Cat, it sounds like you're having a terrible week. I'm sorry. At least it can only go up from here. I'm thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

cathy keep your chin up with a smile on people say "one day you will look back on this ...." but it is true you are tough you will make it call me nite or day to chat or to whine i listen real good love you mom/sue