Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Never Thought

Okay, so I never thought in my whole entire life that I would live in a permanent state on "confuzzlement". Just everything has seem to be so weird and off the charts. Things that should just be so simple, really aren't. Going to school should be a long process, but not confusing. I feel like I'm selling myself to the Devil more than I'm delighted to be going to school. With doing this consumed serious it makes me even more confused about my life and the budget we have and going to school. I thought higher education is promoted as a good thing, but if I feel like I'm told I'm getting myself into a bad spot. That my "higher education" debt is a horrible thing to have. It would be, if I didn't do anything with my degree, but that's not going to happen.
I'm also confused about Elijah and his "allergies". I think that the doctor hasn't been to forthright with me and what's going on with my son's health. But since I saw a different doctor and she put him on singulair I feel a little deceived. He was wheezing at the appt and I heard it a few times since. He is in a state of permanent congestion. Ever since he was born. He's been on singulair for about 10 days now. I should see some improvement and I'm not seeing any. Someone needs to help us and work with us! You just look at the poor kid and he gets sick.
I'm also confused on what's happening in my friend's lives around me. Why these good Christian people are coming to such troubling moments in their lives. Threat of divorce in their marriage. A child who is sick and we don't know why. A woman who has been through enough in her life and now her health and body seem to be failing her.
There's also a mysterious forgetting of a gift, but that's for another day. I just wish I could break out of this mental haze of weird happenings.

2 comments:

caress said...

I'm (obviously) a believer in the idea of using school loans to get you to a better place career-wise. Sure, it's not ideal. But, sometimes it happens.

Maybe you can find a more holistic doctor. I get irritated with the medical community when they don't take time to sit and get to know their patients. I haven't found a great doctor, in general... but am sure there must be some good ones out there. There have to be.. right?

Melissa said...

I'm no doctor but you might want to consider that certain foods might be causing his allergies, not pollen or mold. My friend Shannon had cronic congestion and an upset stomach for years. She decided to try cutting dairy from her diet and has been feeling great ever since. This may not be Elijah's problem but it might be worth a try. Poor little guy.