Okay, there has been much demand on facebook for this recipe. I can't take credit for it. I actually got it out of Parents Magazine. I did indeed change it up and just about triple it. It is cheap to make and so simple you'll want to make it for dinner every night.
The Recipe as Stated in Parents Magazine :
Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 package (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
1 can (15 to 16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 package (1.25 ounces) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1 can (11 ounces) whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers
Tortilla chips, optional
Directions
1. In a large saucepan, cook beef until browned. Drain off fat. Stir in broth, beans, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in corn. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
But I usually make it this way...
Ingredients
2 pound lean ground beef
3 package (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
3-4 cans (15 to 16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cans (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
2 packages (1.25 ounces) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
2 cans (11 ounces) whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers (or regular if you have on hand)
1-2 cans white hominy
Jiffy cornbread mix, optional
Directions
1. In a large saucepan, cook beef until browned. Drain off fat. Stir in broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, hominy and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Make some jiffy cornbread. YUM YUM.
It makes a VERY large pot. I transfer meat from skillet to a large pot. Don't do more than 2 packets of seasoning or you might regret it. I usually do one packet with the meat like the package directs and add the other to the broth.
Super easy and super tasty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This sounds good and easy. I think I'll use ground turkey. Do you drain the corn? I've never had hominy but I might try it.
I do drain the corn but, you don't have to if you need/want more broth. Hominy is sort of like corn. It's yummy!
Post a Comment