Yes, we're back from vacation and it was a great time. But the vacation crash after, is not so fun. All the laundry and adjusting. The adjusting from Illinois time is a little rough too. Although I don't mind the boys sleeping in until almost 9.
Everything went great. It was a wonderful time.
We had a lot of positives:
The beach and ocean were awesome!
No one got burnt once!
The boys got to run around outside playing naked with their trucks and in the pool.
The boys loved going crabbing.
Ernie got to spend lots of time with the boys.
Napping was great!
The food was the best.
The pictures are wonderful.
Watching the sunrise over the ocean is now checked off my list of to do before I die.
We didn't know what time it was.
Isaiah loved riding the combine, he could have slept in it with G-dad.
I didn't cook a single meal.
G-mom and G-dad have awesome friends to hang out with on the 4th.
Elijah enjoyed doctoring a baby cat.
Staying in the Embassy Suites in Richmond.
I'm sure there are plenty more, but they don't just flood my mind all at once.
The downfalls:
I pulled a tick off of Isaiah's shoulder.
We got lots of bug bites.
The sand was too hot for the boys to play on a majority part of the day.
Elijah was scared of the ocean, which made Isaiah a little apprehensive.
Isaiah didn't want to leave G-dad & G-mom's because of the combine.
It rained so all the wheat didn't get harvested.
Putting sunscreen on the boys.
All the laundry when we got home!
Remembering my washer is on the fritz.
Ernie going back to work.
The 2000 mile round trip we made in the van.
All the yucky fast-food we ate in the car.
Coming home without a baby cat, (but it's good in a way, we just have to hear about it).
That's all I can think of right now. As I said, there is plenty more to add to that list. I will post pictures sometime soon. But, you'll have to wait until the end of the week, because I need to burn the cds first and sort my mail and hit the stores and pay my bills. All while playing and entertaining my kids, feeding said kids, and watching a few extras AND keeping my house clean.
Cat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment