Time for a little typing. I'm WIDE awake at 4 in the morning and avoiding the mound of work I should be doing instead. First off, it's okay to leave a comment. Anyone can leave one at any time, so please feel free. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time and no one is looking. But DO NOT force yourself to leave a comment if you don't feel like it.
Secondly, I've been thinking (and I know, that can be bad), but why is that mother are the ones to always apologize? I know we are trying to teach our children to be nice and polite and on our best behavior, but why do mothers apologize, even if it's not there fault? Someone is blocking my way in the aisle at a store, I say "excuse me, sorry...." or when I just about run into someone who is walking in the opposite direction (usually not paying attention on their cell phone), I say I'm sorry when they almost run into me. I say I'm sorry when they don't move out of my path while I'm struggling with my kids. I apologize when they act like wild animals in Kroger. And I don't know what it is about Kroger, but EVERYTIME we even set foot in that store, my kids go friggin nuts!!! Now I should add a disclaimer, that not every mom apologizes. I've met some rude mothers with equally rude, if not obnoxious, kids. The I'm sorry's, the please's, and the thank you's take over your life the minute you give birth.
Now, for an update on the family.
Ernie - is thoroughly enjoying his job still. Lots still going on and moving and shaking at the church. He is also enjoying his time alone with the kids. They play lots of games, build puzzles, crafts, and play trains. Well, usually he runs on the treadmill while they play trains, but they play trains together. I can't really blame him, because the boys have their own way of playing trains and heaven forbidden if you put the track together so they can actually go in a circle....
Isaiah - had his well check today for 4 years old. His birthday is tomorrow, 2:13am. My little dream is getting so big!!! He weighed 40 lbs and was 42.5 inches tall. The doctor called him lean, not skinny. No ear infections so far this winter so woo hoo! He's loving school. All he can talk about is his school. He now says the nightly dinner prayer and bedtime prayer. Sometimes it's serious....his school, mommy and daddy, his brother elijah, this big world, his house, his bed, his blankets, the yummy food, baby Jesus and the sheeps and goats....and sometimes things seem silly, but he's very thankful.
Elijah - has his second ear infection this winter season. We've seen a GI doctor and have a whole lot more answers now about his reflux. He is his normal, peppy, perky self. Always smiling no matter what. He still wants his mommy all the time, but does fine when I'm not here. If he catches Ernie hugging or kissing me, he usually comes over and butts in. He's excited to go to his own school, and I can't wait for him either, cause I'm the "it's not fair, you have to do it for both" mommy.
Me - well I'm buried under 18 credit hours at school, but it seems to be going well so far. I'm a little stressed out, because I feel like I'm always getting behind, but I do think I'm keeping up well. I miss being home, especially since I have to do errands and such and can't just sit home everyday I have off. I still occasionally don't sleep well, like tonight, but that's been getting better. And, well, I love my family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i always read everything you post.. with the exception of that one post on gun control.. b/c i can't read stuff about that whether i agree with it or not. but other than that.. i'm your faithful reader!
YAY! I'm excited....I'm a faitful stalker, I mean reader...
I check every day to see if anyone has updated their blogs, so I am a faithful stalker as well!!!
::ahem...faithful stalker::
:)
Post a Comment